Korcett Holdings, Inc. provides enhanced broadband solutions for high-density multifamily or multi-dwelling units (MDUs), primarily in the student housing and military housing industry. We help our customers reduce operating and support costs, provide consistent services and management interface across property portfolios, provide additional revenue opportunities and improve overall customer satisfaction and occupancy rates.
This is a technical role that provides support in a 24X7X365 days/year environment that supports our end users which include non-critical network issues. Korcett support personnel uses product support elements including a CRM solution (Salesforce) ticketing system, provides in/out-bound end user support, e-mail support response, troubleshooting peripheral device issues, to provide a quick problem resolution. Korcett support role also identifies and reports trending of support issues to include NOC escalation. This role offers real time knowledgeable assistance via phone and email coordination; facilitates efforts internal support with high call volume and understands internal escalation processes. Support staff creates and logs all support issues within Salesforce ticketing support tool. Support provides assistance in development and implementation knowledgebase tools and adds value in current processes to improve the Support Services Analyst team capabilities. This role includes a commitment to ensure Korcett’s service level agreements are delivered at the highest level.
Functional / Technical Skills/Knowledge:
* Ability to make quick thinking decisions under stressful circumstances.
* Able to work independently and/or with some supervision.
* Able to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
* Basic knowledge and fundamental understanding of network and switch
* Basic knowledge of Internet Services: ISPs, e-mail, and network topologies.
* Working knowledge of Windows OS and some MAC OS
* Working knowledge of wireless AP (ie: Ruckus, Cisco, NetGear, Belkin)
* Learn basic knowledge of TCP/IP
* Clear understanding of the 7 layers of the networking OSI model
* Excellent written communication and keyboard skills.
* Excellent verbal communications and customer service skills.
* Able to work shifts, weekends, and holidays as required.
* Must be willing to work assigned shifts, and assigned full time hours.
* Must be willing to learn new skill set’s, and adapt to change quickly.
Education and/or Experience:
* High School Diploma; Some college in a related field.
* One year of equivalent experience in customer service related field.
* Help Desk, Tech Support or high volume call center a plus.
Certifications, Licenses or Registrations:
* Team-building training.
Ability to work for extended periods of time at a computer screen and keyboard.
Ability to lift Korcett hardware as needed.
* Ability to work in a busy call center environment, respond to request quickly and accurately using support tools in a multi-tasking environment.
* Coordinate field hardware intrusive and non-intrusive testing and validation of severity 3 and 4 connectivity/support issues.
* Coordinate onsite dispatch of truck-roll vendor repair services.
* Use support tools to ascertain severity and status of problem. Discover potential conditions in a proactive manner. Diagnose cause where appropriate and resolve expeditiously.
* Escalate issues and problems according to procedures and best judgment.
* Perform periodic health checks of internal support tools and applications.
* Communicate with internal peers and external customers in a professional manner.
* Use judgment and working knowledge of troubleshooting, networking, systems, and applications to identify problems as they occur and decide on best course of action to resolve expeditiously.
* Learn to diagnose problems and resolve in a technical and professional manner.
* Must be willing to work on side projects as needed and ensure all work is completed in a timely manner.
* Learn to write technical coherent ticket log entries, summaries, and reports on production incidents and problem resolution and populate a working knowledgebase.
* Logs and tracks calls using support software, and maintains runbooks and related problem documentation.
* Interacts with appropriate Korcett support services team leads, NOC techs, functional representatives, operations management, other ISP support groups, and customers’ internal IT departments when needed to resolve customer calls.
* May recommend change or updates to existing process and procedures.
* Must have the ability to adjust to changes based on Korcett’s business requirements as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Decision-Making / Accountability:
* Makes appropriate, timely decisions in limited analytical complex situations. Follow written and verbal procedures from support team lead for majority of problem-solving.
* Make good decisions in a dynamic multi-tasking environment. Decisions may impact immediate group and other related groups.
* Frequently applies “lessons learned” to current decisions.
* Consistently communicates with internal team members, team lead, and external customers in solving problems and notification of problems.
* May communicate with NOC Tech 1 & 2 as needed for escalations
* Communicates with Engineering for generals status on new changes, root cause analysis, and updated problem trending as needed.
* Consistently shares best practices with team members.
* Communicates with Internal Korcett Account Management
* External Internet Service Providers, Vendor Support
* May participate in projects of limited scope and complexity.
* Represents the interests of the Support Services team in coordinating and supporting end users, processes, runbooks, or knowledgebase.
Supervision / Job Autonomy:
* Operates under some supervision; primarily dependent upon support from internal peers and resources.
* Work is reviewed for appropriateness, accuracy, and adherence to written guidelines primarily by exception.
Work Environment: Work environment is an office and Support Operation Center / Network Operations Center (SOC/NOC) setting.
Apply for This Position
The Support Services Analyst I will report directly to The Director of Support Services and is a full time position. Please submit all resumes, cover letters and references to email@example.com